I have interviewed a children’s coach for assignment 2 of BCM313. He was a close friend of mine so the interview was a mix of formal and informal. Some of the questions I asked were:
- How is your relationship with your supervisor?
I asked this question because I wanted to know how attached to the job he felt in his current stage. His impression of the people he works with was the easiest way to figure this out.
- Can you think of any difficulties you may have faced with your employers?I asked my interviewee this question to see if I could find any cracks in his high opinion of his work. Maybe I could switch the direction of the interview as it was getting predictable(I also promised I wouldn’t snitch to his company if he had some nasty remarks.)
- What have you learnt from your work that has made you a better person?
I wanted to hear what kinds of things he had learnt from his job. And he ended up teaching me more than what I was expecting. Now I am a master at handling children and his answer also showed me how he has developed after working in his current job.
- Were there any surprises or challenges you faced when working?
- Can you tell me a situation where you were proud of something?
I also talked about how my interviewee developed their personal value while working, how they managed change in their working life, and what they expect from the future in my presentation.